Learning Patience
When recovering from knee surgery, you should have an abundance of patience, because recovery happens at what feels like a snail's pace, and a slow snail at that. I am about two weeks post surgery, and though I have been diligent with PT, at-home exercises, and icing, I can't help but think I should be back out on the tennis court by now, or at least on the golf course. Although I still use the walker, I frequently walk where I want to go, though I've been cautioned not to walk that much. I always thought that walking would be great for rehab, but for the first few weeks I've been cautioned both by the surgeon and the physical therapist not to stay on my feet for long periods of time and to keep the leg elevated as much as possible. You probably will hear the same thing, so don't be surprised. I have overdone it on a few occasions and have regretted it.
No comments:
Post a Comment